How to use your SEO Report?
SEO or Search Engine Optimization is all the rave lately. I'm sure that mastering this art came across your thoughts once or twice already. It's the process of generating more organic (free) traffic from search sites like Google, Bing or Yahoo.
Ecommerce SEO is all about ensuring your product pages appear among the top organic search results for a relevant search phrase which is going to result in more visits and hopefully more revenue.
Here you can see your revenue coming from organic searches. (This is the revenue generated by SEO practices). You can see how it performed vs. the previous same length period and you can also compare to the same length time period a year ago.
This can be more relevant, since it eliminates distortions due to seasonal trends (which affects every web store more or less).
Why it matters: These KPIs are relevant for understanding how SEO generates revenue for your store, what is the outcome of your efforts in a detailed manner and also where are the low hanging fruits, or the potential in your SEO strategy.
By taking a quick look at these KPIs you can easily see what needs to be fixed. For example, in this case the bounce rate is quite high, the conversion rate is average, and the sessions are quite okay compared to other channels.
In this case your #1 priority would be to decrease the bounce rate (you need to dig deeper at other parts of this report in order to know how) and further increasing conversion rate would be important also (but there are most probably more low hanging fruits when it comes to bounce rate optimization).
- Organic Revenue is the money your customers have paid you in the given time frame coming only from natural/free/organic sources.
- Organic Sessions is basically a visit. A unique visitor can have more visits. These visitors came only from organic sources.
- Conversion Rate is the percentage of the organic visitors who became customers vs. all of the visitors.
- Organic Orders is zhe number of orders coming from organic sources.
- Average Order Value (AOV) is the average value of all of the orders made in the given time frame.
- Keywords is the number of all the keywords, both paid and unpaid, used by users to reach your site.
1. Top 10 SEO Keywords
Summary: Find your best performing keywords, and optimize their landing pages. Explore new keywords which you should be optimizing for. Decide which keywords are worth pursuing.
Here you can see the top 10 keywords through which you acquired the most number of clicks / visits.
If you do 1 thing when it comes to SEO, enhance the pages these keywords belong to.
Why it matters: By improving these pages' conversion rate you are going to earn more revenue instantly.
If you click on the Show all button, you can see all of your keywords and you can also order them by various KPIs. This is a HUGE help. It makes keyword research so much quicker. It will help you come up with the most promising short tail and long tail keywords. Here is how you can save time on keyword research:
Clicks, CTR and Conversion Rate are relevant to see the visitor and customer acquiring power of the keyword. Avg. Position, Exp. Revenue Growth, Estimated Revenue together can show you the potential keywords hold.
If you can find keywords where you have a relative bad position, but the CTR, CR and exp. rev growth is promising you should go into battle for dominating these keywords (go for better positioning).
- Keyword- One or more words which the visitors searched for in the search engine (e.g. Google Search)
- Clicks is the number of visitors clicked on your entry in the search engine.
- Impressions is the number of times that an advertisement has been shown (through Google AdWords or other forms of PPC advertising) or a web page has been listed on a SERP (Search Engine Results Page). Similar to views.
- CTR or Click Through Ratio (coming from organic sources in this case) is a calculated metric which tells you how many people clicked through out of the total number of people who saw it. In organic SEO, this means how many people saw your search result vs. how many people clicked through to the page.
- Avg. Position or Average Position is a statistic that describes how your ad typically ranks against other ads. This rank determines in which order ads appear on the page. An average of position of 1-4 are on the first page. It’s pretty rare that you find yourself in position 1.0 all of the time. We tend to see something like 1.2 or 2.3 average positions, which means that you are “typically” landing between ad position 1 & 2.
- Conversion Rate - see in the previous section.
- Estimated Revenue is a calculated value which tells you how much money a keyword bring to the table on an individual level. It is very important for understanding which keywords are driving sales (focus on these)
- Exp. Revenue Growth is the revenue which you can achieve based on how much currently a keyword earns/ the traffic it generates vs how many more visitors a keyword can potentially get you. This is important for maximizing income with SEO.
2. Top Organic Landing Pages
Why it matters: This is a list containing the landing pages generating the most traffic for your website. You can analyze these entry points by clicking on the Show all button and see where you are losing valuable visitors to your site. The most important thing to look for here is landing pages with higher than average bounce rates ( this is the part where you can dig deeper which I have mentioned in the first section )
- Landing Page is the URL of the webpage your visitors landed at after clicking on one of your listings in a search engine. (This is a first entry point for your audience so these are quite important).
- Visits are the number of visitors who clicked on your entry in the search engine.
- Revenue - see in the previous sections.
- Conversion Rate - see in the previous sections.
- Bounce Rate - the percentage of visitors to a your site who navigate away from the site after viewing only one page.
Now you know a great deal about the SEO report and how it can help your business grow. Let's check out your SEO report, see how your keywords perform and create the perfect SEO strategy for your store. Don't waste any more time!
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to reach out to the Support Team by using the purple icon in the bottom right corner.